Careers at High Road Auctions
At High Road Auctions we are always looking for talented and committed people to join our hard working team. If you would like us to keep your CV on file so that we can contact you when a suitable vacancy arises, please send a CV and covering letter for the attention of Christopher Blackie to email@example.com.
Role: Accounts Assistant
Bonus: Company bonus scheme
Hours: Full time
Location: Chiswick (two minutes walk from Stamford Brook underground station)
Reporting line: Customer Accounts Manager
Ideal candidate: A proactive and flexible individual with outstanding organisational skills, a professional telephone manner and a real eye for detail; ideally with broad accounting and administration experience and the desire to work in a young rapidly growing business.
Company: High Road Auctions opened in February 2011 and in a very short space of time has grown turnover to in excess of £2m. It offers a wide variety of authentic, high quality stock, from furniture and furnishings, to jewellery, gifts and unusual one-off items. High Road Auctions makes the process of buying and selling at auction easy and convenient, by removing the jargon and offering a range of services including delivery, collection, restoration and repairs on many items. The relaxing onsite cafe bar adds to a fun and social experience, creating the best place in West London to furnish a unique home.
Role summary: The Accounts Assistant is responsible for supporting the Customer Accounts Manager in providing an efficient, professional administrative service to both buyers and sellers at auction. There is also a more traditional element which includes the recording and reconciliation of purchase ledger invoices, petty cash and cashbook transactions.
To support the Customer Accounts Manager in the post-auction administration process, to include:
· Notifying all successful absentee/commission bidders
· Contacting buyers to arrange collection and payment for their items
· Organising payments to sellers
· Arranging delivery and booking couriers as appropriate
To efficiently and accurately record and reconcile the following transactions:
· Purchase ledger invoices
· Petty cash receipts & payments
· Cashbook receipts & payments
Skills and approach:
· A minimum of 3 years broad accounting and administration experience
· A highly organised approach
· A well developed, professional telephone manner
· Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Excel and Sage Line 50
· Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and on own initiative, but within a team environment
· A willingness to learn and engage with the world of auctions, antiques and interior design
· Educated to A Level / degree standard
· Progress towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT)
· An accomplished user of the Bidmaster system
· A willingness to assist in the broader operational side of the auction house